Most Useful Links and Materials
- Online Version of the New Revised Standard Version (NRSV) of the Bible (here). This is the official translation that I use in my courses.
- Oxford Biblical Studies Online (here). Login through King's/UWO library when on campus.
- Bible Odyssey from the Society of Biblical LIterature HERE
- Bible Gateway. Multiple Versions of the Bible and some useful tools such as search function.
- The Three Worlds of the Text - by David L. Barr. From his book New Testament Story.
- Bible Basics (including "the 3 Worlds"). From Timothy Carmody, Reading the Bible (New York: Paulist Press, 2004), pp. 1-23.
- Explanation of the "Three Worlds of the Bible" (HERE). From An Introduction to the Bible: A Journey into Three Worlds (8th Edition) by Christian Hauer and William Young.
- Resources on Sacred Scripture from the Spring Hill College Theology website.
- The Best Online Bible Tools.From ENTER website.
- Basic Bibliography for Biblical Studies. From ENTER website.
- Links from the Catholic Biblical Society of America's website
- Criteria of Authenticity for Historical Jesus / Gospel Studies. From John Kloppenborg - Univ. of Toronto
- Understanding the World of Jesus by Daniel J. Scholz HERE