Course on Faith, Spirituality, Jesus, Church
Introduction to Theology: Faith, Spirituality, Jesus, and the Church
Here you'll find some key resources of an online course that I originally taught as a guest professor at the Ateneo de Manila University (in April-June 2021). It dealt with the relationship between Faith, Spirituality, Jesus, and the Church.
Online Lectures Delivered
- Lecture 1: Introduction to Religion, Spirituality, Faith, Belief
- Lecture 2: Jesus as Christianity's Distinguishing factor - Texts - Three Worlds of the Text - Bible Study as Crime Scene Investigation
- Lecture 3: Faith Journeys - the Perennial Philosophy - Spiritual Experience - Jesus as Spiritual Master - Jesus Human and Divine - Christology from below. LINK HERE
- Lecture 4: Jesus of Nazareth: His world, his cause, his ministry
- Lecture 5: Jesus of Nazareth-Showdown! Conflicts with Authorities - The Way of Jesus versus Conventional Religion
- Lecture 6: Jesus' Death and Resurrection
Other Useful Links
- JKK (my) Blogpost on Jesus as a Source of a Spirituality that Acts to Transform the World. This document contains all the main ideas that I wanted to convey in the course
- Blogpost on What It Means to be a Christian. These 20 summary statements are originally by the Catholic theologian Hans Küng but I rephrased and revised them extensively.